Thursday 7 July 2011

'Friend-Shapes'

I have mentioned a few times how I have differing levels of friends. Well, I am finally going to explain that and a bit more, so you can understand the way I view the world a little bit. I have explained this to a few people, and let me say: Yes! This is a totally independent and original idea I just thought up one day and yes this is adaptable so I am sure you could all create your own shape!
I am going to work from the inside out, and as I am all about being subversive, let’s leave the least important to last!

La Familia
This is the inner circle, whom I sometimes don’t appreciate enough, who have been through all my ups and down, who are there for me whenever I need, and I care more than anyone what they think of me. I was tempted to put a dot in the middle and designate that as my mum, whom I love more than anyone or anything on this planet! Hmm, time to ring my mum… back in a tick….
This circle also includes aunts, uncles, cousins, etc whom I really do miss since they live up north.
They are inside of the circle that is designated ‘Me’ because physically if it wasn’t for my parents I wouldn’t be here, and I am so blessed they brought me up as stern and strict as they did since I believe they did teach me the difference between right and wrong, even if I don’t always do the right thing, I understand the difference and the love shown to me has helped me be so confident/arrogant and sure of myself.

Me
You can read the rest of the blog for this bit!

Triangle Friends
A triangle is known for being the strongest shape known to man (and woman, before I get more of a bashing from feminists/lesbians :P) . Also, since a triangle is not malleable and is very strong it is very rare for the dynamics of this triangle to change, and generally the ‘triangle’ stays relatively constant. The shape also fits because I have 3 best friends. If you notice on the picture the triangle overlaps me and this is because I have on many occasions sacrificed my own wants and desires to please these three best friends of mine as I know they have and will continually to do so for me, and they are always on hand to put me in my place. It probably helps that one is a way better people person (Jayne), one is better looking (Ste) and one is funnier than me (Tez). Amazing trio!

Square (not boring) Friends
As a shape this is not as strong as a triangle and there is a little more fluidity. Over the last 5 years  a person may get removed and another added, but I do really appreciate these friends and even though they are further away from ‘me’ and therefore exert less influence on me than my family or triangle, they are great friends who I do go out of my way to spend time with and are people I would happily be friends with for the rest of my life. I trust these peeps and I am there for them whenever they need! Shout outs to Marc, Dennis, Waseem and Fareza! (Allister a close runner up)

Girls
I find girls to be fascinating creatures and they do provide me with a lot of self amusement, and though I’m sure men could do, I rarely self amuse and have random banter with guys! It’s rare but I find that some girls I meet are like electric bolts. They are crazy, mess with my normalness (even though I appreciate I’m not exactly normal) and really add some excitement and ‘Boom Chica Wow Wow’. Yet I really do put my friends first (99% of the time) and this is why whilst they can be an electrically charged piece of awesomeness they do stay on the outskirts of what really matters, and there are 2 electric bolts, because 2 women are always better than 1 (joke . . . not really).

Everyone else/Acquaintances
This is like an amoeba. It is a fluid entity that constantly surrounds me, and is a constant source of new events, situations and limitless possibilities. Like a lot of entities osmosis can take place and certain parts do get closer than others. This is a large pool from which all other shape and entities are produced, and whilst far away from ‘me’ and therefore I care a lot less about, this allows me to maximize my self amusement or help forge some good friendships or notice some exciting electric bolts! I love meeting new people, knowing lots of people and being a bit of a social whore so I do appreciate every one out there even though they may not influence me.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO! i love this, a) because i like to think i am at the tip of you isoceles triangle, and b) because its hilarious that you named and shamed. but sadly c is that ur scientific knowledge needs some work but dont worry i am home sunday and you can start getting your lessons again. also we go you an AWESOME present - if you dont like it you can demote me from the tallest tip of the triangle.

    and D) "we're the 3 best friends that anyone can have, the three best friends that anyone can have" Alan (hangover 2010).

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) haha - isnt just being in the triangle an amazing feat considering all the shit we have gone through, in an anolgy our friendhsip has been like a pakistani drama!

    b) good namin and shamin like winning a Bafta!

    c) True story- dammit someone realised!

    d)LMAW! Paw! Lvoe you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well because you think you're awesome and believe that everyone should write a comment to help feed your ego, here's mine:

    Totally thought the concept was pretty cool and a nice simplistic as well as symbolic way of representing how your mind, and potentially loads of other folks minds, works.

    I would ponder at where I am, but 1 - haven't known you too long and 2 - you're well annoying much of the time so would I want to be in the close shape of friends ... nope I'm happy wherever I may be and hope you just don't get hit by the lightening as high voltage can be lethal.

    ReplyDelete